Friday, November 5, 2010

Words of Wisdom

If only I knew then what I knew now!
At the risk of sounding like my mother, and dear God realizing maybe she did know a thing or two. The sentiment, If only I knew then what I knew now really resonates with me.
Whilst pondering this, I wondered
What advice would I give the “16 year old me” – if I could go back in time?
I also posed this question to some of my friends and here are their
Words of Wisdom
HorseFeathers EquestrianApparel; Listen to the people that love you the most they have been there done that.
Rochelle Worden; Brush and floss 2 times every day
Jamie DeHart; Don't be in such a hurry to grow up. Don't be afraid to act goofy. Don't be afraid to say no to anything. You can always change your mind later. Talk to as many people as you can about their life, their jobs.
Shelane Chaddick Rierson; Pay attention to the people that count and dont stress about the rest! And never listen to anyone that tell you "you cant".
Kelly Rand; Dont rush into having chldren, even though most of your friend in the next cuple of years most likely are ... (i love my two girls to bit, but waiting a few more years to have them wouldn't of hurt, because at the age of 21 i don't have much of a socail life and will have to wait til there older, for me to do some of the 'teenage 18/19' things your ment to do, have fun, live life, pass your driving test, get a good job, see the world, find the love of your life get a nice house and then have kids
Julie Golden Stables You can do or be anything you want. Live up to your own expectations and try to impress no-one but yourself.
Rachael Fiore-Peck; Always stay true to yourself!!
Tracey Bavinton; Take opportunities that are presented to you. Don't second guess decisions you know in your heart to be right
Victoria Nargiel; Love and respect your parents!! They really do know what they're talking about. And don't try and grow up so fast! You'll really come to miss your teenage years if you don't cherish them. And one last bit of advice.. Stay away from drugs, cigarettes and alcohol! No matter how 'fun' it may seem, its not worth it at all!
Trixi Frederick; Do not let fear or other people stop you from trying, have faith and believe in yourself, strive to be the best you can be and for heavens sake...don't allow yourself to become the "victim" of all things gone wrong!! Xoxo
Victoria Nargiel; Oh and stay in school! You'll regret it if you don't!
My words of advice would be - Just because you have never done something before - doesnt mean you cant do it, and a realization that came to me many years after my 16th birthday - God has more Faith in me than I have in myself, and has always provided the tools, people, resources to handle whatever life threw my way.

But the real question is would the 16 year old me have listened?
Probably not - after all at 16 you officially know it all

No comments:

Post a Comment