Friday, December 17, 2010

To Blog or not to Blog that is the question and Who Reads Blogs anyway?????????

I bought into the advice of all the marketing guru’s that you must have a blog. So over the past year I have been tapping the keyboard with my thoughts and life views.

My rantings covered a variety of topics such as “Why I would rather be a dog than a wife” and “How to get your Mojo going”.

But I never really thought anyone read them because after hitting the “publish post” button that was that.

On occasion I have thought this is just a waste of time but it can be kind of therapeutic to put your thoughts into words - much like keeping a secret journal. But allowing the whole world to discover its hiding place under the bed and read it.

So who reads Blogs anyway? And Why read the life updates and views (even ravings!) of an individual when there is so much else to read on the net?

Because we’re human, and we like to know what other people think and feel. We also like to know what they know, especially if it can benefit us in some way.

Blogs often have a ‘real’ factor, which is missing from other kinds of editorial.

When readers are ready, the blogs will still be there. And that's the power of on-line content.

I started searching the internet for some stats on how many blogs there are and average readership - But there were oodles of blogs on the subject and I couldn’t be bothered reading them all

But here are my very condensed findings

There are billions of blogs

Most are created and abandoned within the first 2 months

But there is no concluding evidence for readership

So to blog or not to blog - you decide

But I am sure you will have some great insights that would enlighten the world so you would really be helping humanity by Blogging

I just wish it had a better name

1 comment:

  1. I find we each "blog" or as I like to think of it as Journaling online for different reasons. For me, while it is helpful for networking within the horse industry, it is also quite cathartic at times.I have "met " some really wonderful friends that otherwise might never have crossed my life path. Learn an awful lot too. On of the ways to expand your blog or at least open the door to more feedback is to look around and follow other blogs that interest you ,and comment .Some will comment leaving a link back to their own blog and others just read and rarely comment.I have enjoyed what I have read of your so far.

    ReplyDelete