Saturday, January 1, 2011

New years resolutions versus the bucket list


This year I am taking a very different approach

No more thou shalt not’s and focusing on less , you know the things we take for granted as life’s simple pleasure’s. Most New Years Resolutions revolve around less of everything, starting with food and relaxing on the couch. But certainly not limited to those.

So this year I have written a “Bucket List” of things I want to Experience, try, taste and see over the next 12 months.

Now don’t get me wrong - I am not dying or have such great aspirations like finding a solution for World Peace.

All the items on my Bucket list will be fun, some will push me outside my comfort zone others will make me feel pampered.

I devised a list of 100 items and it was much more fun than examining my shortfalls as a human being and making un-keepable resolutions to “Do Better Next Year”

I wont bore you with My List

However I challenge you to do the same and write a “Bucket list for yourself”.

Lets make 2012 the best year ever - even if we are a little chubby and not a fit as we think we should be.

Lets learn to embrace the day and fill it with things that make feel alive, then when you have crossed one more item off your list.

Relax on the couch with a well deserved snack

Linda Finstad - owner of A Sharper Image - Photography www.imagineitsold.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment