Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thank you Dr. Phil

I was really excited to watch Dr. Phil yesterday because there was a lady on the show who’s BIG problem in life was her obsession with Farmville.
I too am struggling to justify the time I sit at my computer tending virtual crops and worrying about collecting eggs and milking make believe cows. My husband has told me on numerous occasions to delete the bloody thing and get a life. But its not that easy - then there is the guilt of killing off all those animals, or worse I could just block access to the game then I my farm would still be there but no one would visit or care for the place – I really don’t know which would be worse.
So I was excited to hear what Dr. Phil had to say – guess what he shared my husbands thoughts and told her to delete the bloody thing and get a life, well he didn’t swear but that was his sentiment.
Now this lady had it bad she started farming in the early hours of the morning and neglected her family and home in order to sit at the computer ALL day playing farm.
I really don’t want to become her so I am taking steps to cull my addiction. I have sold off lots of my animals and am planting crops that take 4 days to harvest this means I can take a few days off and who knows in that time I might find a new distraction. If only I could become obsessed with house work and cooking.
Unfortunately there millions of people out there who think Farmville is the best thing since sliced bread, and don’t see a problem with wasting their precious time on Earth tending a virtual farm. Hopefully one day there will be a 12 step program to make the transition back to reality easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment