Saturday, January 9, 2010

Top 10 Reasons for being Self Employed


My Top 10 Reasons for being self-Employed
I really like being self-employed, and not for all the reasons they tout in those “get rich quick scheme ad’s” like only work when you fell like it, take holidays whenever you like – enjoy the good life.
Which for anyone out there who is self employed knows what a crock that is.
Here are my top 10 reasons for choosing this life style
1. You can wear odd socks, and outrageous hats
2. You can change company policy or rules without going through at best a committee or at worst a firing squad
3. You can take as long as you like to get the job done – hey for me 12 – 15 hour days are the norm.
4. There are no Hitchhikers and Couch potatoes otherwise know as team members
5. No long bill shit mission statement to memorize – in the world of the self employed its simple “Sell or Starve”
6. Creativity versus crazy is all relative – usually it’s the relatives who call you crazy
7. Unlimited access to the company funds – if the pot is empty review number 5
8. Corporate headquarters are very conveniently located in my spare bedroom.
9. If I succeed - Yea me if I fail its probably due to the economy
10. Best of all no matter how badly you screw up its impossible to get fired

No comments:

Post a Comment